Friday 25 November 2016

Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life

ok, first of all I would love to say a MASSIVE thank you to Netflix for bringing this amazing TV show back! I only started watching it this year, but I can see how its been so well loved...I've fallen in love with each and every character and honestly probably more invested in their lives than I am my own...which is weird I guess. (also don't read any further if you don't want to see spoilers!)

Image result for gilmore girls a year in the life

The start made me super emotional, it started with no actual visual just speech, which was a montage of some of the most iconic lines from the past 7 seasons and that just made me super excited. My favourite part is although it ended almost 10 years ago, nothing has changed, every characters personality is the same as when it finished and all the sets look almost identical.

Luke and Lorelai being an actual couple is my favourite thing, I've loved them since the beginning and the end of the show with them kissing seriously was too much for me and it makes my life seeing them together again. Although when they start arguing my heart breaks each time.

Seeing how much Rory has grown since the show has ended was such a great thing, although she is still the same Rory. Her friendship with Lane is still going strong even into their 30's. My least favourite thing is how she is still sleeping Logan because he basically was treating her like 'the other woman' and she deserves so much more.

The return of Paris Geller was the best, she is easily one of the most amazing characters and she is still as funny as ever. Seeing how she has become successful, been married had kids and got a divorce and still having a hard time just shows that nobody has ever truly got everything figured out.

I fully understand Lorelai's decision to want and go on a hike, but it was sad to see her away from Stars Hollow. But watching her try and pack her backpack literally remind me of myself before going to Glastonbury....no matter how big those bags look there is never enough room!

The phone call between Lorelai and her mum about her dad was such a heartwarming moment, to hear her actually opening up to her mum about something was so amazing. Edward Herrmann was very much missed from this revival.

Luke thinking Lorelai was going to leave him was so cute, him arguing his corner was such a perfect moment. "This right here is all I'll ever need" I just love him so much and the love he has for her is something that everybody should have! But once she said "I think we should get married" I cried like a baby!!

Rory writing a book about her and Lorelai was such a great story line. Their relationship has been literally the greatest thing about this show and what makes the show so great. Also the fact it was named "Gilmore Girls" made me cry!

Sookie's return was quite short but so amazing, I cried...when Lorelai walks into the kitchen and finds her making wedding cakes for her, it made me feel super happy because they have such an amazing friendship.

Luke and Lorelai's wedding is honestly more than I could ever have hoped for, I was a big blubbering mess, I am such a sucker for a romantic ending and for it to be these two amazing characters was the best.

Then the highly anticipated last 4 words...something that had been planned for a while and everyone has been waiting to hear were said, "Mom? Yeah? I'm pregnant." I honestly gasped so loud...I really hope this isn't the end because I would love to see how they would carry on the story line of Rory being pregnant, who the father is (I'm assuming Logan?) and to see Luke and Lorelai's married life!

If you have never watched Gilmore Girls and never have been graced by the people of Stars Hollow then I really do hope you take this opportunity and do so! It is such an amazing show that anybody can fall in love with.






Share:
© Could I Be Anymore Boring? | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig