Friday 6 January 2017

Sample Beauty

So recently I came across a website called Sample Beauty and I instantly fell in love with it. They basically sell samples of some really popular make up and beauty products as well of some of their own products and full size of other popular products. As a company they are extremely good and have amazing customer service, their website is really easy to use and they have a great selection of products available. I purchased a few samples and have tried them out for a little review and already plan on purchasing some different ones.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

I had tried this before and I'm obsessed with it, I  had recently run out of my full size bottle. When I saw it on the website I just thought I had to buy it just to keep my make up in place. I definitely would recommend this, its my all time favourite setting spray.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless

 I bought both the shades 115 and 120, but 120 was way too dark for me so I just stuck to the shade 115. I'm not going to lie I was a little dissapointed as I was super excited to use it because I heard it gives great full coverage but it just didn't do it for me, even when I applied a second layer. I tried the foundation on a different day and applied it with a beauty blender instead of the oval brush that I normally use to see if that changed my opinion but I still wasn't happy with it as there still wasn't much coverage and to me gave less coverage that Benefit's 'Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow' which is a lighter coverage foundation. But once I applied the rest of my make up it did look a lot better, it made my skin look super smooth and not powdery even after using powder products.

Stilla One Step Correct Primer

I was so excited to try this out as I have quite a bit of redness on my face and have been looking for a green concealer but thought I'd try this and I do quite like it! It reduced my redness and felt smooth on the skin but when applying my foundation with an oval brush it did not stick on and around my nose, it just kept moving and honestly looked a mess, I was also wearing Benefit's porefessional under my foundation. I tried this again on a different day, once I applied it to my face I left it to dry while I done my eye make up. I then applied my foundation with a beauty blender it did stay on my face better than the first time, best not to pair with porefessional. I do like it but it isn't my favourite primer ever.

Elf Poreless Primer

This primer isn't the best I've used but it also isn't the worst. It is good for keeping make up in place, but for a 'poreless' primer it didn't really minimise my pores which was kind of dissapointing as that is what I was hoping it would do. The smell also wasn't my favourite as it was kind of minty but I'm not that big of a mint fan. I would use this again and maybe pair it with another pore minimising primer.

NYX Angel Veil Primer

When I first opened this I was little dissapointed because it wasn't what I was expecting as it had a different consistency to what I thought it would be, so I politely messaged the company on twitter (I hate to be the person who complains...I work with the public so I know how one rude customer can ruin your day!) but they were really lovely and explained that it should work if I blend it in really well and they even refunded me the money for this product which they really didn't have to do. But after using it once I was really happy with it, it sort of has a white colouring to it which reduced my redness a lot more than the Stilla one. My foundation sat on it really well and gives it a flawless look. I shall definitley be re purchasing this!

Pilaten Blackhead Removal Mask

I was so excited to use this and it was amazing! It smelled so great, it was very wet and thin and applies to the skin very well and needs to set on the face for 30 minutes. It feels really light on the face. It did hurt quite a bit when I was taking it off but I probably did have it a bit too close to my eyes. My pores did look like they had minimised and I would 100% re purchase as it made my pores reduce and skin felt super soft.

RCMA No Colour Powder

I've heard so much about this powder and that its the greatest loose powder. I do really like it, it sets my make up really well and doesn't leave a white film on my skin like other loose powder I have used. The only problem with it is my own; I cannot use a loose powders without getting it all over my clothes...how do people do it?? 
Share:
© Could I Be Anymore Boring? | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig